Wednesday, 18 January 2017

Monday 16th - Tuesday 17th January 2017

Monday 16th January 2017

National U19 League Div H

Ilkeston FC U19 0 - 2 Nuneaton Town U19 

Nuneaton right back Mel Adesida tapped in at the far post on 34, and sub midfielder Charlie Chechlacz squeezed the ball in at the near post on 86 to give Town a win that their quality play so richly deserved.

H-T 0-1 

Attendance H/C 35 -  played at Basford Utd 3G facility

Admission £0

Tuesday 17th January 2017

Central League Cup

 Mansfield Town Res 2-1 Notts County Res

Danny Rose slid the ball home from just inside box on 3 minutes and Kevan Hurst curled a 25 yard free-kick into the top left corner on 9 minutes to give the Stags the early advantage.

A free-kick from wide right was played in at the near post on 66, and former Dunkirk winger Sam Osborne steered the ball in at the near post after he was left totally unmarked.

H-T 2-0

Attendance 153 (Roger Rann H/C)

Admission £3.00 - team sheet included

Played at Rainworth MW


Tuesday 17th January 2017

Notts F.A. Senior Cup 1/4 final 

Carlton Town 3-2 Sherwood Colliery (aet)

Triston Burrell gave the CMFL outfit a surprise lead in just the 4th minute of this NSC quarter final tie, firing home at the far post after the home defence had failed to clear their lines. Carlton looked less than a Northern Premier step four side, and failed to unduly worry Colliery keeper Alex Smith as the firs half progressed. H-T 0-1 

It got even worse for the home fans when Danny Williams added the visitors’ second with just 12 minutes to play. I was with Newark Town Secretary Richard Lane, and I reckon that we have enough experience enough between us to that know 2-0 is sometimes not enough. When Carlton’s Danny Gordon fired home from the edge of the box on 83, we began to get more and more concerned about the possibility of extra-time, and grew more and more fearful that the home team would grab a late equaliser. As the game entered it’s second minute of added time, the inevitable happened. A ball was fired across the Sherwood goal mouth and Josh Rae was on hand to steer it past the unlucky Smith. F-T 2-2

The first period of extra time was unremarkable, but with 6 minutes of the second period commencing, the Millers’ took the lead for the first time in the game, Laurence Gorman firing low and hard past Smith. F-T 3-2

Sherwood were arguably the better team for the most part, and probably deserved to win, but to give Carlton a little credit, even though they were poor on the evening, they never gave up and will now entertain Teversal in the semi-finals.

Admission £5.00 / £3.00 
Attendance : 85 
Free team sheet