Saturday, 9 July 2016

Saturday 9th July - double header

Game 1 - Pinxton 3-3 Borrowash Victoria

CMLS Pinxton entertained EMCL Borrowash Vics on the Eastwood CFC 3G pitch, and with the rain finally deciding to sod off, it was quite a pleasant early afternoon game.

Spent the game in the company of KMW management team Martin Lench and Ian Deakin, Danny Staley, Maurice MacFarland, Adam and Tim Gregory.

Jay Cooper opened the scoring for Pinxton on 20, smashing the ball past Vics keeper Rhys Watkinson from the spot, after a crude tackle in the box was punished by the Referee.

Vics levelled five minutes later through their no. 9, then just before the break, their seven shirt fired across the Pinxton keeper from the corner of the box to give the "visitors" the lead at half-time.
H-T 1-2

Borrowash went further ahead on 56 - and this was a cracking goal. A fine piece of wing play on the right, a telling cross into the box and a cracking finish by the Vics' no. 14.

Pinxton never gave up though, and with 70 played, Peter Stubley lifted a shot over the outstretched arms of Wakinson to reduce their arrears.  Tom Ellis fired the home team level on 85 - another neat finish and a fitting end to a really good early pre-season game. F-T 3-3

Game 2 - Blidworth Welfare 2-1 Heanor Town
This game was all Heanor in the opening forays, but the Welfare keeper made cracking saves on two or three occasions to keep the scores level. As it transpired, Blidworth took a surprise lead on 11 when a shot from the corner of the box from Tom Blainey flew across Joe McCormack before nestling in the back of the Town goal. H-T 1-0

Heanor drew level on 75 - a corner from the left headed powerfully home by Matt Harris.  The parity lasted only five minutes though as Blidworth were awarded a penalty after McCormack appeared to trip a Welfare player - Referee had no doubt....and Keenan Leeds stepped up to put the home team back in front. Try as they might, Heanor couldn't grab a second equaliser and Blidworth held on to claim victory. F-T 2-1